A lock is a very important object in the security of your home or your property. Solid, robust, which ensures the opening of the door and the closing of a door. It is an element which must be maintained but which also sometimes requires repairs due to wear or a malfunction. Sometimes, it is not necessary to replace a lock or even to call a locksmithApproved by professional insurance to resolve the problem. Here are some practical and useful tips for repairing a lock yourself.
Repair a lock after a break-in
It may happen that the lock on your front door or your garage has been forced to commit a break-in. In this case, to repair your lock you simply have to change the cylinder that composes it. It is either possible to call a professionallocksmith (whose contact details you can request from your insurance or even the police in charge of the incident to be sure to trust an honest person) so that he can ensure this. cylinder change as soon as possible. But if you have some knowledge of locksmithing and good equipment, you can also do this yourself. This will allow you to make real savings on your budget and not waste time.
Repair a bad lock
Due to wear or poor maintenance, your lock may start to show some signs of weakness. However, there is no need to have to change it automatically, because sometimes you just need to inject a little lubricant into the cylinder so that it works properly again. It is an economical, quick solution that will allow you to reuse your lock without any problem for a while. If, on the other hand, it is really in a very bad state, it is advisable to call on a professionallocksmith who will carry out a lock change as soon as possible. He will take care not to damage the basic structure and will equip you with a quality lock, A2P certified in order to best ensure your security and that of your property. You can simply check this website and find your best options for the lot now.
Repairing a lock due to a slam door
- It can also happen, due to a draft or an awkward gesture that the door slams by damaging the lock. Here is how to repair your lock following this incident:
- Take a screwdriver and a sharp object like a knife.
- Insert the knife blade to return the latch to its original place (if the lock is stuck in the hinges of the door ).
- Still using the knife, disassemble the handle and then the lock.
- Gently and carefully replace the points that have come out of their housing.
- If a part inside is broken, you must change it before reassembling your lock.
- Using the screwdriver, reassemble the lock and then the handle on the door.
- In some cases, if the lock is stuck, it will be necessary to remove the cylinder if it is damaged in order to be able to quickly change it.
However, if the problem is more complex, it is preferable to call on a professionallocksmith who will be fully able to take care of the problem. Thanks to suitable equipment, he will carry out repairs as quickly as possible and with the utmost care so as not to damage your door. He can even, if the case requires, completely change your lock and equip you with one of the latest models certified A2P and offering maximum security.